This November, VLS is going to organize some contests to celebrate VLS’s Teachers’ Day. Detailed information about the contests as below.
Table of Contents
So You Think You Can Teach
In honor of all dedicated teachers at Vietnamese Language Studies (VLS) and teachers across the globe, we are delighted to host the So You Think You Can Teach Contest to celebrate the upcoming Teachers’ Appreciation Day.
This time, the roles are reversed.
Agenda: You are invited to deliver a 30-minute (max) lesson, teaching your language to a 5-10-person group of VLS teachers, staff and students. You get to decide the lesson topic and format. Just keep it relevant and appropriate.
*Vietnamese and English are not counted.
Date: November 8-15, 2023 (weekdays only)
Time: 9:00 – 19:00
Locations: Vietnamese Language Studies
- District 1 Office: 4th Floor, DMA Building, 45 Đinh Tiên Hoàng St., Bến Nghé Ward, District 1, HCMC, Vietnam
- District 7 Office: 82 Nam Phúc – Le Jardin, Tân Phú Ward, C Street, District 7, HCMC, Vietnam
- 1st place: 5,000,000 VND scholarship
- 2nd place: 3,000,000 VND scholarship
Vietnamese Speech Contest
Speech Topic: Take your audience on a journey through the captivating beauty of Vietnamese culture, uncovering its exquisite traditions, culinary delights, profound artistic expressions, timeless traditional costumes, etc.
- Intermediate level (Share)
- Advanced level (Like-Family)
Date: November 11, 2023
Time: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Locations: Vietnamese Language Studies – District 1 Office: 45 Đinh Tiên Hoàng, Bến Nghé Ward, District 1.
- 1st Place: 7,000,000 VND scholarship for each proficiency level
- 2nd Place: 5,000,000 VND scholarship for each proficiency level
- All speeches must be in Vietnamese
- 3-10 minutes
- Only contestants who are not currently living in Ho Chi Minh City can participate online via Zoom or another designated platform.
Judges: VLS academic team
Every one of us has a story or two to share. This is the opportunity to showcase your Vietnamese language skills, share with us your stories, and express your gratitude to your teacher(s).
Prompt: Write about a teacher or a mentor who left a lasting and significant impact on you.
- Beginner level (Join-in)
- Pre-intermediate level (Connect)
- 1st Place: 4,000,000 VND scholarship for each proficiency level
- 2nd Place: 2,000,000 VND scholarship for each proficiency level
- All contest entries must be written in Vietnamese
- Beginner (Join-in): At least 200 words
- Pre-intermediate (Connect): At least 400 words
- Deadline: 18:00 (GMT+7) on November 15, 2023
- Submit HERE
Judges: VLS academic team
Vietnamese Vlog Contest
Trust your creativity! Trust the artist, the storyteller in you!
Topic (Choose topic 1 or topic 2 to make your own vlog)
1) Create an enticing travel guide for a destination of choice in Vietnam, highlighting unique experiences, hidden gems and essential information that can help travelers plan and enjoy their trip.
2) Take viewers on a virtual tour of your day as you learn and immerse in Vietnamese language.
- 1st Place: 5,000,000 VND scholarship
- 2nd Place: 3,000,000 VND scholarship
- Video length: 3-10 minutes
- Must use Vietnamese at least 50% of the time
- Deadline: 18:00 (GMT+7) on November 10, 2023
- Submit HERE!
All videos will be published on VLS’ Facebook page on November 11, 2023
The scoring period will last from 2:00 PM November 11, 2023 to 9:00 PM on November 16, 2023. Points will be calculated based on the number of likes, shares, and comments, so don’t forget to share with your friends and loved ones about your vlog.
- 1 Facebook reaction = 1 point
- 1 Facebook comment = 2 points
- 1 Facebook share = 3 points